Friday, October 23, 2009

A Different Kind of Muffin Top

Mornings are tough.  Trying to get everyone ready and out of the house with something in their stomachs becomes a daily challenge.  And then you get the “I don’t want that” or “I don’t like that” coming out of their mouths.  Or simply “I don’t have time”.  Well, here is a couple of ideas that are portable, grab and run. Chocolate Banana Muffins and Wheat Germ Banana Muffins. With the addition of wheat germ you up the nutritional value and add fiber.  And what kid is going to object to chocolate?  Well, there may be a few, but they are few and far between.

Say goodbye to the Mc Donald’s  sausage biscuit, the $3.00 muffin at Starbucks and the bagel with cream cheese.  Try these cheaper, and much healthier alternatives.  And don’t forget about the Super Simple Scones recipe.  With the addition of nuts and dried fruits, especially blueberries and almonds (both known as “Superfoods“) you add a great nutritional punch.

LindySez: SoSousMe again, I like to save money and I like to know what’s in my food.
Feel free to share your morning quick recipe ideas.

No comments: