Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dinner Possible X's 2

Is your weather as crazy as mine?  One day it’s near 80 degrees and the next day it’s cold and rainy.  Makes it hard to really get into the mood, or even know which wardrobe to pull from.

I planted my garden last weekend, and it’s also confused; although admittedly the lettuces are doing great, as well as peas and Fava beans.  Have you ever had Favas (and not necessarily with some liver and a nice Chianti)? If you pick them small enough you don’t need to double peel them.  But I’ll write more about them in a Dare to Prepare.


This doesn't have anything to do with this particular story, just a random picture of my mother, and my granddaughter, with my son putting together her new BBQ. Everyone needs a BBQ, IMHO.

For now I have a couple of Dinner Possible ideas; quick cooking although they both require some marinating time, so plan for that.  And both are intended for the outdoor grill, but if the weather doesn’t cooperate, can easily be made on the stove using a grill pan, or in the oven, using the broiler.  So happy cooking!

Menu 1

Teriyaki Tuna Steaks with Grilled Pineapple

Ginger – Scented Jasmine Rice



Menu 2

Indonesian Style BBQ Pork Tenderloin

Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes

or

Ginger Carrot Risotto

(If you don’t know or are uncomfortable with risotto, check out the risotto Dare to Prepare!)

LindySez – I’m ready for warm weather…you?


Cheers

No comments: